Linacre Methodist Mission & Neighbourhood Centre
The Mission was founded in 1898 by Mrs Elizabeth Walker and her son in a 'two up two down' house in Langton Road, Litherland – and soon the house next door too! Responding to continuing expansion of the railways and docks, and church growth, the first Linacre Wesleyan Mission was built on the present site in 1900, with the Main Hall added within five years. This hall now seats 750 after modernisation in 1967, but was desoigned to seat 1200 when opend in 1905.
Redeveloped in 2010 as a 21st century community space, the 'Beacon Project' has carefully preserved many interesting architectural features of this more than 100-year old building, now used as a Neighbourhood Centre.
On receitp of a grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund in March 2016, the 'Albert Walker Project' plans to redevelop a large hall at the rear of the premises to be used as community space for displaying archives, heritage and cultural activities.